Thursday 21 March 2013

My Note Tonite

Today I spent most of my time in the paddy field; do some repair works to the batas as well as adding more seeds to the bendang for more probability of getting better outcomes in 120 days to come. It is fun and interesting to be out in the field breathing fresh airs after nearly thirty years working as a white collar coolie to someone always higher than me. No complain either as that was the chosen career upon graduation from the University of Memphis (formerly Memphis State) in 1985. Though my line was electrical engineering, fate decided that I were to serve Universiti Pertanian Malaysia (now Universiti Putra Malaysia). What a coincidence; born and brought up surrounded by paddy field, served UPM, made some friends throughout the campus. Former VCs Prof Dr Zohadie Bardaie and recently stepped-down Prof Radin Umar Radin Suhadi of Chemor and current TNC-Innovasi, Prof Salleh Jaafar. There are also friends made in Vet Faculty, Sains Samudera, Science Faculty, to name a few.

Well I really felt very blessed for the opportunity to gain knowledge plus experiences and made good friends in banking (BSN), Telecommunications (TM, Celcom, TM Touch), petrochemical (PETRONAS), multinational (Sime Darby Berhad) and be on my own and/or with partners as qualified ICT consultant for more than 10 years. No pain no gain. 

But now I have a target to fulfil; MoA considers 10mT per hectare as national vision. I definitely will try to achieve that whichever way possible. But China has proven, thru hybrid-rice, farmers can achieve up to 13.9mT per hectare. I am learning, but my way of learning is no longer traditional; i am about to embark a gradual revolutionary method, non-drastic revolution that may empty my pocket.

I will be in the field again by 7.00am and hope to be home by 10.00 then restart at 4.00 and conclude by 7.00pm. Still got time feed by fish and showers my garden. Live is so sweet.

Got to conclude now!
rashidali 21032013-2222hours

No comments:

Post a Comment